Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Honky Avenger vs. Kate Bush: a thread in rec.music.misc

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 90 13:15:03 PST
Subject: Honky Avenger vs. Kate Bush: a thread in rec.music.misc

I missed the first article of this thread, but I found it rather
amusing.  Hope you do too.

From: sre017@cck.cov.ac.uk (**Love-Hound**)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
Subject: Honky Avenger and Kate Bush!!
Date: 3 Dec 90 11:34:53 GMT

To Honky Avenger,
    How dare you say something so stupid,just based on your own braindead
opinions.Kate Bush has never exploited anyone especially not black people.
Listen to 'The Dreaming' and you'll see,that's if you have the ability to
see past your own narrow-minded opinions,and acknowledge talent.Kate Bush is
the most talented musician going,and she has never done anything politically
or socially unsound.People like you put unity between all races back several
years.So Mr Honky Avenger go and stick your head where your mouth is,up your
arse!!
 _ __                                 __            Andy Semple
' )  )            /                  /  )    _/_  / 7 Winsford Avenue,
 /--' _  __.  _. /_  o  __  _,      /  / . . /   /  Allesley Park,
/  \_</_(_/|_(__/ /_<__/ <_(_)_    (__/ (_/_<__ O   Coventry,CV5 9JG.
                            /|                JANET:sre017@uk.ac.cov.cck
                           |/                 HOME TEL:(0203) 672308
'I'm the concierge,chez moi honey.Won't letcha in for love nor money.My home
my joy and I'm barred and bolted,and I won't letcha in!!!'KB '82

--
 _ __                                 __            Andy Semple
' )  )            /                  /  )    _/_  / 7 Winsford Avenue,

From: CWALTERS@DUCVAX.AUBURN.EDU (The Honky Avenger)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
Subject: Re: The Honky Avenger and Kate Bush!
Date: 4 Dec 90 16:05:00 GMT
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

sre017@cck.cov.ac.uk (**Love-Hound**) had these words of wisdom to share:

>To Honky Avenger,
>    How dare you say something so stupid,just based on your own braindead
>opinions.Kate Bush has never exploited anyone especially not black people.
>Listen to 'The Dreaming' and you'll see,that's if you have the ability to
>see past your own narrow-minded opinions,and acknowledge talent.Kate Bush is
>the most talented musician going,and she has never done anything politically
>or socially unsound.People like you put unity between all races back several
>years.So Mr Honky Avenger go and stick your head where your mouth is,up your
>arse!!

This is going a bit too far. Some of you have written to me directly
complimenting me on my posts, and I thank all of you for it. At least you
guys saw that I was being SARCASTIC.

Let me point out that I, personally, am an Anglo-decended, pale-faced,
son-of-slave-owner, WHITE m**her-f**ker who can't dance.

I also am a BIG Kate Bush fan. I think she's incredibly talented, she has a
great voice, she's an amazing songwriter, and she's absolutely beautiful.

I don't want to go through the tedium of posting HUMOR WARNING at the top
of every not-particularly-serious message I post, and I think most of us
don't need it anyway... but for the humor-impaired, let me set a few things
straight:

o I did not actually go kill Jon Drukman. MIT is too far from Auburn, and I
	wouldn't kill another Kate Bush fan, anyway.

o I don't actually hate my parents for not being black.

o I am not really in the process of setting up a church for Jones Murphy -
	unless Jones really wants one. (I'm not too busy these days...)

I would appreciate any personal attacks to come direct to me instead of via
r.m.m., okay Mr. Love-Hound? Posts like the one above lack any serious musical
or humorous content, and I'll bet no one wants to read 'em.

Hell, I bet no one wants to read THIS, but I tend to feel compelled to make
a public defense after a public attack. Sorry, gang.

Love-Hound, I expect to hear from you soon :)

Christian Walters
cwalters@ducvax.auburn.edu

From: nrc@cbnews.att.com (N. Richard Caldwell)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc