Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I think I've hooked another one!

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 90 13:05:58 -0500
Subject: Re: I think I've hooked another one!

Good going, Ed!  I've got a coupla people hooked right now -- it's just
a matter of reeling them in, as it were.  In my opinion you just can't
have too many LoveHounds!  8-]

It's funny, but my first reaction to _Suspended in Gaffa_ was "Ah, here's
a relatively straight-forward song."  (The Dreaming was the first KT album
I heard, I and was bit dazed by the time I got to _SiG_...).  Since then,
however, I've learned that my first, profound, impression of the song's
meaning differs wildly from anyone elses (Ms. Bush's included), and in
fact _SiG_ may be one of the most evocative of KT's works...  Happily,
the video adds to the effect without in anyway limiting the interpretation.

Any reactions to the Cole Porter/AIDS extravaganza on ABC Saturday?  All in
all, I thought the censorship flap was more interesting than the show
itself.  (It was rumored that the S. O'Connor and Nenah Cherry (sp?)
videos were to be edited;  I don't know if this happened but ABC _definitely_
avoided mention of the AIDS focus in their promotional spots Saturday -- it
was billed simply as a Cole Porter tribute...)  The one video that really got
me was k.d. langs:  just a happy homemaker until you realize that she's
disinfecting the house...

Footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- "This cloud should be revoked immediately!" KTB