Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 90 20:14:45 PST
Subject: MisK

1. In the December _Q_ magazine, there is a list of "Frighteningly
precocious pop achievements guarenteed to make persons of all ages
feel utterly talentless."  Kate is listed, of course, for "Wuthering
Heights."

2. From the same issue of _Q_, an interview with Sinead O'Connor, talking
about a concert for Amnesty International in which she appeared with
Peter Gabriel:  "He's a weirdo but I think he's lovely.  We sang that
song Don't Give Up with him at the end.  I did the part that Kate Bush
-- who I *love* -- did originally.  I was thrilled to be Kate Bush but
inevitably I made a complete balls of it.  But then I couldn't hope to
do it anywhere near as well as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
Isn't that an incredible quote?  And to top it off, this paragraph
is right across from a full page ad for the box set!

3. Selected quotes from some reviews of the box set (all favorable,
by the way):