Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Possibility of US rareties CDs -- the exact words

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 90 22:45:24 PST
Subject: Possibility of US rareties CDs -- the exact words

Someone posted a couple of days ago that the latest issue of
_Pulse!_ magazine, the in-store magazine of Tower Records, said
something about a domestical release for the two B-sides/alternatives/
rareties CDs.  I thought some people might want to know exactly what
was said, as I did.  (It's the December 1990 issue.)

First of all, I don't think the poster mentioned that Kate is on
the cover!  There's a small picture of her, about two inches on a
side, from the _Hounds of Love_ era.  Equally small pictures of
ten other artists are also on the cover.  This is to illustrate
the cover story on box sets.  In the article, Kate Bush is listed
as one of a long list of artists who might have box sets coming out
in 1991.  Her name is followed by "(out already in England)".  This
article was written by Jeff Tamarkin, editor of _Goldmine_.  After
the article, the following appears in italics:

     "Editor's note:  Because the rights to U.S. distribution of Kate
Bush's pre-The Sensual World catalog are owned by EMI and The Sensual
World is controlled by Columbia, and since the bulk of the U.K. boxed
set's contents are direct 'parallel imports' to their domestic
counterparts, it will most likely be very difficult to find the Bush
boxed set, This Woman's Work, in American record stores.  It's a safe
bet, though, that after Christmas demand overseas is met (and initial
collectors' furor dies down) the individual rarities discs will be
issued separately in early 1991."

BTW:  Thanks, IED, for transcribing the Q&A session!

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov