Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My chat with Kate

From: think!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!stuart@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 90 00:42:59 PST
Subject: Re: My chat with Kate

Thanks to Ryan McGuire for posting that.  I always find that seemingly
trivial information can say the most... I found Kate's reaction to the
mundane aspects of real-world situations to be quite interesting, I
find such things say more than one's opinion about world peace, etc.

According to Ryan's report, she seemed to be quite gracious about making
small-talk with fans.  I just wonder whether she would have been pleased
or irritated if Ryan had asked something like "On your third album, what
exactly did you mean by [...lyrics quote...] ?" or "Do you agree that the
[such-and-such] screen on the Fairlight is more difficult to use than it
need be?" ... has anyone heard about such questions being posed outside
of a formal interview context?

					Ken
	...{sun or apple or mips or ?}!portal!cup.portal.com!stuart