Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Convention video question

From: Richard.Bollar@f110.n133.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Richard Bollar)
Date: 24 Nov 90 16:36:00 GMT
Subject: Convention video question
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

 > kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman) asks:
 >
 >    Somebody said that the video that they showed will never
 > be sold.  Is that
 >    something they said at the convention or a guess or what?
 > I (and I am sure
 >    all the people who wern't at the con) would love to see
 > it.
 >
 > I seem to remember that someone in the audience yelled out
 > that the video
 > should be sold or made available or something like that.  I
 > think it
 > was Dave (?) (the MC guy) who kind of rolled his eyes, looked
 > at the
 > other Homeground people on the stage with I kind of "O my
 > god,
 > wouldn't that be a task" look on his face, and said that it
 > would
 > probably never happen.  I don't remember if he said why not,
 > though.

(Sorry for the ugly quote)

The reason announced at the KonvenTion was "imagine how difficult the
international copyright clearances would be."

So, to me, this means that we'll never see an "official" version, but I'm
sure that we'll see an unofficial version available at some of the Record
Conventions within the year.  Further, the entire Kon was video taped, and I
wonder how long it'll be before we can get our hands on that!?

Cheers!

Rick Bollar

f110.n133.z1.fidonet.org!Richard.Bollar

Richard Bollar - via FidoNet node 1:133/411
UUCP: galbp!gisatl!110!Richard.Bollar
INTERNET: Richard.Bollar@f110.n133.z1.FIDONET.ORG