Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff at the local importer

From: Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 90 21:02:43 -0500
Subject: Stuff at the local importer
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I finally got around to buying the import Love and Anger single...

when I took it up to the counter, the guy started to tell me that "...she's
got a new box set out."  I think he was a little shocked at how much I knew
about the set itself, not to mention the various prices around the country.
Thanks, Love-Hounds!

This guy can get me the set for $170...not too bad, but not great.  If I
pay in full upfront, I can get it in two days.  However, this guy hadn't
heard about the Canadian set--and he does have a Canadian importer.  So,
he's gonna check on a price for the Canadian set--supposed to know by
Friday.

On to the biggest surprise of the evening:

Maybe the discussion of this just slipped past me on the net, but have
any of you seen a picture-disc import of TSW?  This is the full CD (all
11 tracks), and has the sand-through-fingers picture silkscreened onto
the disk.  It's quite nice.

So has anybody else seen this?  What do you think is a good price for
it?

(the importer wants...I think it was $19.99 for the picture-disc.  Sorry,
but I didn't see who pressed it.  He did say that he can get more copies,
so if people want this, I can probably buy-n-ship 'em)

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |