Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: London Info for Konvention goers

From: E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 12 Nov 90 11:37:23 GMT
Subject: Re: London Info for Konvention goers
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Phil Smyth writes:

>PJ>Don't take sterling travellers cheques. If you have an American accent,
>PJ>you'll have trouble with them. I don't know why, but this is what I'm told.
>PJ>I've used them with no problem on business trips, but I'm not going to the
>PJ>Konvention! Take DOLLAR cheques, American Express to be sure, and you'll
>PJ>have no trouble! Note that if you're an AmEx cardmember, you can get them

One of us is wrong! I suspect you have it the wrong way round. I have a
part-time job at a restaurant in Edinburgh and DOLLAR cheques are about
as useful as a nickel when it comes to paying the bill. The ONLY
travellers cheques we take are STERLING and accent has nothing to do
with it. I see no reason why London should be any different. I'm not
asking you to take my word for it though. Check for yourself from some
official source.

--
/  __               /\ evan@castle.ed.ac.uk   /\ Are you selling your \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/ soul to a cold gun ? /