Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More [non]Amarok

From: think!ames!decwrl!zinn.mv.com!decvax!mem@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark E. Mallett)
Date: 9 Nov 90 01:24:17 EST (Fri)
Subject: More [non]Amarok

> Really-From: Dewhurst N E J <neil@essex.ac.uk>
> That was me. I suspect you're confusing "Amarok" with the album
> before it, "Earth Moving", which fits your description
> exactly. In fact, you flatter it.

Oh!  Very likely.  I loaned it out as soon as it had passed through my
ears, and so simply took it on faith that I had heard what you were
talking about.  After all, it had just recently appeared on the shelf,
and (I'm pretty sure) had a copyright date of 1990.  I was not
sufficiently moved to try to get it back before commenting.  Shame on
me!

> "Amarok" is a long instrumental piece, a la "Ommadawn", and IMHO in
> the same league, though less coherent. I think the record you heard
> was the former.

Oh, well.  I will have to try to get hold of it.  Thanks for posting
this information.

-mm-
---
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett
uucp: mem@zinn.MV.COM  (  ...{decvax|elrond|harvard}!zinn!mem   )
Northern MA and Southern NH consultants:  Ask (in mail!) about MV.COM