Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Convention

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 90 04:15:37 -0500
Subject: Convention

Vickie here. I talked to Peter Morris yesterday and he said that 1,030
tickets have been sold for the convention so far. Sounds like it will
be quite crowded! Kate will appear near the end of the day but no one
knows yet what she will do.

Is there an English (preferably London) Love-Hound who would be willing
to make a large sign and set up some sort of booth in the lobby? It
would be a great place to meet. Otherwise, I don't know how we'll all
get together. It would be great to have some sort of name-tag or button
to identify us as Love-Hounds. Would someone be willing to get something
like that made up? I'd chip in some money to help and I'm sure other
Love-Hounds would too. If we had a booth there it would be great to also
have some .gaffa print-outs so that non-net fans could see what we're
all about. Is there anyone who can take on something like this?
Please! Someone there will have to come forward to help bring us all
together. There's nothing we can do here and we'll be getting to the
venue after the convention starts.

Please help...you'd have the undying gratitude of all the Love-Hounds
at the convention.

I'll be posting a next-to-final version of the Convention list in a
couple of days. There are some people who have gotten tickets through
the KBC or Homeground and either have not given me their name at all,
or have asked to be taken off the list. To me, the list means more than
just being able to get tickets at the door. It's also a list of

              LOVE-HOUNDS

attending the convention. When all is said and done, the list will be a
reminder of the net-readers who went. So please, even if you have already
bought tickets, give me your name anyway just so we can know how many
Love-Hounds are actually going. We want to know what kind of showing we
made.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com