Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: annotations redivivus

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 90 17:01:13 -0500
Subject: Re: annotations redivivus
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)

"In Search of Peter Pan"
>How old is the speaker?

Mid-to-late teens, at a guess.  The "crucial" time of life (yeah,
right.)

>Who is the "they" who took the game right out of it?

I always assumed it was adults.

>Who is Dennis?

Dennis Moore!  He steals from the poor, and gives to the rich...
stupid bitch!  (Give me your LUPINS!)
Hmmm, maybe not.

>I see a brother and sister, pre-teen, with her suffering from kids' cruelty
>at school?

I always thought it was about not wanting to grow up, hence the Peter
Pan reference.

"Wow"
>Is the Sweeney a theater?

No, it is (or was) a British TV cop show.

Now what I really want to know is: what the hell is a "Forkboy"? (cf.
Lard: "The Last Temptation Of Reid")

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |