Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 4AD

From: rcbaem@rw7.urc.tue.nl (Ernst 'pooh' Mulder)
Date: 30 Oct 90 16:12:00 GMT
Subject: Re: 4AD
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@urc.tue.nl

manfred@swi.psy.uva.nl (Manfred Aben) writes:

>Hi there,

[stuff deleted]

>Do any of you music lovers care for a new newsgroup entitled "rec.music.4ad"
>in which all the (wonderful) music produced under the British "4AD" label can
>be discussed. Famous groups at the label are, besides the twins, This Mortal
>Coil, and Clan Of Xymox, and Pixies --if I'm right.

>I know requests for new groups should be done elsewhere, but maybe anyone of
>you has experience with setting up a new group.
>manfred@swi.psy.uva.nl

I would like to see such a newsgroup. Something like rec.music.4ad
seems an appropriate name.

You should read news.announce.newgroups to see how to get a new
newsgroup. The basic rules are
1) post an article on why and how, and start a Call For Discussion
2) after a while, when things settle down, start a Call For Votes.

if you receive 100 FOR votes more than AGAINST votes, a new group
can be generated. See appropriiate news.* newsgroups.

pooh    (A great Cocteau Twins Fan!)