Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I GOT THE BOXED SET (in California, no less!!) - 10/27/90

From: tlhouns@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: 28 Oct 90 00:43:15 GMT
Subject: I GOT THE BOXED SET (in California, no less!!) - 10/27/90
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I called around the San Francisco Bay Area trying to see if
anyone had heard of KaTe's new boxed set.. most record stores didn't
have the foggiest idea what I was talking about, but I finally called
Rasputin's in Berkeley (should have called them first) and found a
girl who knew what I was talking about.  I figured that I might be
able to get her to order it for me, but when she came back to the
phone, she said there were TWO (yes, count'em..  TWO) sets of TWW in
stock.  They were each only $164!!! (and I expected the US price to be
much higher) Anyway, I got her to agree to hold one of the sets for an
hour while I drive into Berkeley to pick it up.  The set is in a large
square box, black with the works KATE BUSH - This Woman's Work
Anthology 1978 - 1990 in gold lettering.  Six of the disks are as we
expect except for the cover of TKI - which has the Japanese LP cover
photo.  All disks come with lyrics.  The two new disks are titled "TWW
I" and "TWW II" they are awesome!!  You gotta get this folks.  I don't
know if the second set is still there, but Rasputin's phone number is
(415) 848-9004.

This must be some kinda record for me.. I've bought two boxed sets
inside one week.  First the new Led Zeppelin set (it's fantastic) and
now KaTe's new set (also fantastic)!!  Hope the rest of you can find
it as easily.

Lee Hounshell

she really is.