Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: USENET News System <news@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 8 Oct 90 04:00:59 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Looking for some files
Date: 8 Oct 90 04:00:58 GMT
Sender: news@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

A few days ago, I managed to trash one of the floppies of my hard drive
backup.  Naturally, this didn't happen until _after_ I'd reformatted the
drive.

Unfortunately, the most important things I lost were 3 KaTe-related
files.  I'd rather not have to wade through the entire archives trying
to find this stuff (assuming I can find the stuff at all), and I was
hoping some of you might have these three short items sequestered away
in your private archives.  The three are:

a) hmmm...can't remember who it was specifically (think it was |>oug), but
    someone posted their idea of what the three whispered lines during "SiG"
    are (the first one being, "I caught a glimpse of a god/all shiny(ing)
    and bright)

b) The 'official' (by John Carder Bush's mouth) transcription of the
   end of the "Jig of Life."  I'm pretty positive I can write it out from
   memory, but I'd like to have the offical version anyway; I often send
   it and the next request out to friends and such who are KaTe fans and
   it'd be nice to have 'em.

c) a long time ago, someone posted a chunk o' interview in which KaTe
    went through and described, briefly, the story line of "The Ninth
    Wave," as well as the basis behind each of the songs.  I've posted
    this once or twice to .gaffa myself during arguements about what the
    suite means, so I'm hoping someone will have this one.

So...can anyone help?  It'd be incredibly appreciated!

Hmmm...let's make this fair...  A while ago (march?) I sampled some
brief KaTe clips, from TSW.  I use one of 'em, the "yeah" from Love & Anger,
as a system beep on my Atari ST.  The aren't great, but they're definitely
usable; I have some at 10Khz and some at 31.5Khz (I think).  If anybody
wants 'em, drop me a line and I'll try to mail 'em to you, UUEncoded.
They're straight data files, and should be usable on Macs and Amigas; anything
else, you're on your own.

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |