Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Pay at the door confirmed

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 90 04:22:44 -0400
Subject: Pay at the door confirmed

I talked to Peter Morris today and he confirmed that Love-Hounds

                    CAN  PAY  AT  THE  DOOR

if you want to. If you'd prefer to send your money in advance, that's
OK too. Whichever.

NO RECORDING EQUIPMENT (Audio or Video) WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE HALL
DURING THE CONVENTION. Still cameras are OK. This comes directly
from the Bush family.

Damn!

Peter said the hall is not set up with rows of seats and a stage.
It's more like a large club, where people will stand around and
"mingle" or watch videos on the big screens around the place.

He didn't say how Kate's appearance would be handled. Maybe he
doesn't know. There must be some kind of a stage. She certainly
wouldn't circulate among us, so we have to have some way of
seeing her. Maybe on video from an isolated room...
Ho Ho....JUST KIDDING!!

I'll be posting the updated list soon and at least a couple more
times before the convention. If you've e-mailed me to put you on
the list-it's there. I just haven't had a chance to answer any mail
for a while. Sorry.

I've gotten some hotel guides & maps from the London Tourist Buearu.
There are tons of hotels to choose from in the London area. I don't
have ours set up yet. Chris & I are going to be very low on money.
Jeez, you know you're on a budget when even the cheapest Earl's Court
youth hostel room starts looking like a Hilton Embassy Plaza Suite!
Yikes! I think that idea of most of us staying at or near the same
place was a bit premature. It's just not going to work out that way.
We'll almost certainly be staying in the Earl's Court area and I
wouldn't recommend that for those of you who can afford better.
In other words, don't take your cues from Chris & I. My advice would
be to write or call the nearest British Tourist Authority or check with
a travel agent about hotels.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com