Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Convention payment.....Don't Worry About It OK?

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 04:27:41 -0400
Subject: Convention payment.....Don't Worry About It OK?

Vickie here.

Don't worry about advance payment for the con. I've tried to
get in touch with Peter Morris to try & clear things up but he's
never home. It costs a bundle just to leave a message on his answering
machine and I can only call on weekends (when I get home from work it's
way late over there) and he hasn't called me back. I assume because
it's not all that important that he answer me.

      GIVE ME YOUR NAME AND YOU ***** WILL ***** GET IN!!!!

If you send the money in advance I'm sure that Peter & Co. will
certainly appreciate it. If not, your tickets will still be at the
door and you pay when you go in. Either way, you'll get in as long
as your name is on the list. OK? I asked Peter to PLEASE call me if
there is a problem with paying at the door. He hasn't called me.
I assume there's no problem. I also assume this applies mainly to
the Love-Hounds on my list.

In our very first conversation about the convention, I mentioned to
Peter that Love-Hounds (thinking mainly of the Americans at that
moment) might be "shut out" if they happened to limit the seating.
At that time he didn't know where the con would be held or how many
seats would be available. I suggested that I keep a list of people
on the net who wanted to go and present that list to Peter a few
days before the convention. Those on the list would be guaranteed
a ticket to get in. He thought that was a fine idea and agreed.
I honestly don't remember what was said about payment, other than
saying that Love-Hounds would still have to pay, I wasn't suggesting
that they get in free. He understood what I meant. I'm sorry I didn't
get it all nice and clear at that time. I do want to assure everyone
that they'll get in as long as your name is on my list.

I've received quite a few more names in the past week and
in a few days I'll re-post the list. Check for your name. If it's not
there e-mail or post and I'll add it. We have 7 weeks so don't go
freaking out about not being sure you'll get in. I'll say it again and
again and again and again......YOU'LL GET IN.

If some people have already sent money-fine. If you feel like sending
money-fine. Peter would then have your name well in advance. If I have
your name then you can pay at the door. If I hear from Peter and he
says differently, of course I'll let you know. If he had a problem with
it he would have called me though.

There are three major fan "outlets" in the world:

The KBC
Homeground
Love-Hounds

Of course there are dozens of fanzines & such but those are the biggies.
They want as many true Katefans as possible to attend and they're not
going to turn anyone away at the door, especially anyone who subscribes
to any of the fan outlets. I'd be more concerned and serious about this
if the convention were to be held in a tiny, limited capacity hall. The
venue chosen holds 2000 though, so lets not get excited about being denied
a seat OK?

I'll either mail or fax Peter the list of names a few days before the con.
Also, I'll have a list with me when I get there. If worse comes to worse
and EVERYone loses the list, well, who would say they're a Love-Hound
unless they actually are? Or a friend of one who's privy to this whole
thing? We'll have this all covered one way or another.

Sorry to go on & on about this. But I tuned in and get a bunch of
"VICKIE PLEASE CLARIFY THIS's" and people saying they don't want to
make plans unless they're assured of getting in and such like.
For Kate's sake---MAKE YOUR PLANS and don't worry about it.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com