Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Reply from EMI

From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 90 22:42:19 PDT
Subject: Reply from EMI

Saturday I received a letter from Steve Davis at EMI in reply to
the letter sent by myself and IED regarding the Box Set.  Needless to
say it does not tell us much, but at least he replied.

He said :

Dear Mr Langsford and Mr Marvick,

Thank you for your indepth letter regarding the Kate Bush Box
Set.  I am sorry to hear that you were extremely disappointed in
the scope of material.

As you must know, Kate has very definite ideas about her own
career and we were very much lead by her as to what is to be
included in the box.

I hope that you will still enjoy the box set when it is released.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Davis
Senior Product Manager

So do we blame Kate for making us fork out so much for the new-to-
CD material?  I can't believe she would be that insensitive.

With an estimated retail price of #95 we can expect it to be
around $180 in the US.  I hope the price isn't jacked up because
it is a limited edition (Is the kbc a definitive source of info?)

I think I will call EMI to get their word on it.  At least I
now have a number to call.  Anyone heard more of the Japanese
version?

Derek