Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Stinky old comments

From: abvax!iccgcc.decnet.ab.com!lieser@uunet.UU.NET
Date: 1 Oct 90 21:17:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Stinky old comments
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1894@abvax.UUCP>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Really-From: abvax!odin.icd.ab.com!rcs@uunet.UU.NET (Robert C. Sinkovic)
>
> 	You owe some big-time apologies on this one! Perhaps we should
> take a cue from your heroine Sinnead, and have a Vickie boycott on this
> newsgroup until you do....
>

> Bob

C'mon!  This isn't rec.music.apologies!  I'm sure that what Vickie said
was just tongue-in-cheek, or at least not intended to be malicious.  I'd
prefer to hear an apology from Sinead - I thought her actions were just
a bit too arrogant, IMHO.

Anyway, as far as music: if you like the sound of a digeridu (which Kate
herself seems to), there's a band called "Outback" who have an album out
called "Baka".  It's performed by 2 guys, one who plays acoustic guitar,
the other plays a digeridu, and one or the other plays some African
percussion instruments, too.  It's fairly upbeat and almost danceable
stuff.  No vocals - it's kinda fusion-ish.

Also, what about the rumors that Kate's buddy Peter Gabriel is about to
release a new album?

Ed