Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suzanne Vega concert

From: rhend@caen.engin.umich.edu (Robert Henderson)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 90 15:17:59 GMT
Subject: Suzanne Vega concert
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@caen.engin.umich.edu (CAEN Netnews)

Well, Suzanne Vega was in town a few days ago, and it was
fantastic!  She did a fairly even spread of old and new songs,
though the audience didn't seem to react as much to the new
ones.  I wonder if they even knew about her new album?

She also mentioned that she'd just gotten back form Japan,
where they show their appreciation for a performer by
leaving gifts on stage at the end.  So if anyone wants to
psyche her out, they should bring a present and leave it,
and hope that security doesn't get it first.  >8)

It's interesting to note that of my three favorite female
soloists (Kate Bush, Suzanne Vega, and Laurie Anderson), Laurie
was here last March, and Suzanne was here on Friday.  So does
this mean that Kate will be here in March?

We can only hope.
--
RobH (or Rob Henderson, if you prefer)
rhend@caen.engin.umich.edu