Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: gaffa-is there a problem?

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 90 4:25:46 EST
Subject: Re: gaffa-is there a problem?
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

>>> Anyone else had the problem?
>>> Is it something our moderator (Doug) can fix?
>>Nothing is ever wrong with gaffa.  It is always at your end.   Gaffa is
>>perfect.
> It is indeed gratifying to see that Richard is finally getting a
> handle on how love-hounds operates.  Keep up the good work.

> (Seriously, it is not gaffa's fault.  A machine somewhere along the
> line gets messed up.

true, but something that would help alot would be if poeple that
read love-hounds through the gaffa link would mail their response
to love-hounds@gaffa.mit.edu instead of following up to posts that
appear in rec.music.gaffa - most of the problems originate cos
of the news-list link, regardless of where they originate, so that
little effort would probably help out a lot.

> Incidentally, lobby |>oug to change the software
> back so that you don't get those stupid Really-From headers, with
> everything apparently coming from "love-hounds-request."  He claims it
> gives him too much work the other way, but as I know for a fact that
> he's doing zero work on it anyway, it won't matter...)

actually, this is a boon since it allows rec.music.gaffa readers to
hit 'm' instead of 'f' sending their replies to the list instead of
through the news contortion - or at least it does for me.

woj