Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

annabouboula

From: Do your palms ever itch? <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 14:45:51 -0400
Subject: annabouboula

Ok, I've been gushing about this group on every other civilised forum
on the net, might as well do it here as well.

Basically, imagine the most brain-numbing collision of Greek rembetiko
and Western influences.  Now add a mysterious female vocalist fronting
it.  It's just amazing.  The group is Annabouboula, the album is "In
The Baths Of Constantine" and there's nothing more to be said except
BUY OR DIE.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |