Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Box Set (Again)

From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 10:14:12 PDT
Subject: Box Set (Again)

I would be very interested in what ICE has to say about it, especially
availability.  I thought there were 34 tracks for the 2 extra discs (what are
they lopping off? - please let it be the TSW single CD b-sides)

I assume it will be a regular release in the UK i.e. not a limited edition.
I think $200 to $250 is probably a rip off Jorn.  Vickie stated that Peter of
Homeground indicated the UK price will be about 70 pounds.  That will
translate to around $140-$150 here.  Rather than pay some gouger an extra
$50-$100 I think it would be better to find another importer of CDs or call
HMV in London to mail order it (don't forget you'll have to pay duty on it via
mail).

I am assuming it will be available here from import dealers.  If not I would
certainly like to know so that I can make other arrangements.  I was hoping it
might come out in early October so my brother could bring a set over for me
but.......

One point I would like to make is that CDs have not penetrated the UK market
as well as the US market and with a hefty price they might not sell very
quickly in Britain.  Hopefully EMI will make enough for everyone else in the
world who is curious / interested / mesmerized / fanatical.  Also if you can
get a set before December you'll avoid the Christmas rush.

Is there a release date?  Has the countdown started?

I suppose the UK Love-Hounds will have a time advantage and will be gloating
over the net for a couple of weeks before we get it over here (N. America) :-(

BE WARNED :according to (sorry forgot who posted it), ICE said it will not be
available domestically from a US manufacturer (remember her catalogue is split
between EMI/Capitol and CBS), nor will the b-side discs be available
separately.  It's the whole thing on import or nothing.

Impatiently,

Derek
Derek Langsford                 | "It could take me all my life,
Polperro->Edinburgh->San Diego  |  or it could only take a moment..."
derek@sunstroke.sdsu.edu        |                  Kate Bush, Love & Anger