Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Copy of a letter to EMI from Derek Langsford and Andrew Marvick

From: tlh@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: 6 Sep 90 16:36:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Copy of a letter to EMI from Derek Langsford and Andrew Marvick
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <PORTUESI.90Sep5113013@tweezers.esd.sgi.com> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Would it help if all of us Love-Hounds printed a copy of this letter,
>attached our own note saying how very much we'd like this to happen,
>and sent it off to EMI as well?

If lots-n-lots of us all send in the letter with our blessings, I think that
EMI will be more likely to take notice of it.  I wonder how much trouble
they will have in acquiring rights to release some of the songs that they
don't own?  And what if Kate doesn't want some of the songs released??
She didn't want the Cathy Demos to become public.

Lee