Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead

From: E Welsh <ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 29 Aug 90 18:23:17 GMT
Subject: Re: barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <9008281443.AA00895@mobius> Gregory Larkin writes:
>	their hosts?  This country has a sad history of bigotry against
>	almost every nationality on Earth, and incidents such as these
>	will continue it.

| |\/| |_| /-\ .
| |  | | | \_/ . The above bigotry can largely be blamed on this big
extreme patriotism thing. Incidents such as these are a protest against
it. If this is a bit strong then I don't think many people could argue
that the KKK and the National Front over here hide behind flags.
Surely promoting one's own country so fervently only insults and
excludes all other countries. National anthems are fine for Athletic
meets and such but keep 'em there.

>	After traveling to Europe recently, I can tell you from
>	experience that there are many "ugly Americans" over there
>	and we should be doing as much as we can to foster respect
>	between all countries.  I am not as outraged as you might

Exactly.

By the way has anyone seen any articles on KaTe recently?
The Sinead mailing list is very quiet by comparison.

--
/  __               /\ ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk /\ "Well I'm surprised  \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/that you're surprised /