Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What song illustrates Kate's range best?

From: fox-r@cis.ohio-state.edu (The Guitarist From Hell)
Date: 14 Aug 90 14:07:21 GMT
Subject: Re: What song illustrates Kate's range best?
Sender: news@cis.ohio-state.edu

In article <9008140137.AA04874@gaffa.MIT.EDU> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
>
>>I think maybe "Don't Push Your Foot ... " has the highest note, but I'm
>>not sure.  Ideas, anyone?
>
>Whenever I think of Kate hitting something _really_ high, I think of the
>scatting (for lack of a better term) at the end of "The Big Sky."  I'm not even
>sure if it counts as actual singing, but she really gets up there.  There's
>one scream in particular that really freaks me out.

Yeah, she screams real well at the end of The Big Sky.  But for the highest
she "sings" in a song, that has to be Hammer Horror.  She hits so many high
notes, it makes my eyes water when listening to it.  A few others (but not
quite as high) would be Kite (during the chorus), parts of the Ninth Wave
(especially the first song), and Violin.  I think that Hammer Horror shows
her true range though as she hits some real low notes at times and then
hits the highest notes (that I've ever heard her sing) during the chorus.

>Jeff
>|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
>|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
>|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |

Richard Fox				| fox-r@cis.ohio-state.edu
Laboratory for Artificial Intelligence  |
	Research			| from the depths of the
The Ohio State University 		| Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

"Some take the Bible for what its worth, when it says that
 the meek shall inherit the Earth, well I heard that some sheik
 has bought New Jersey last week and you suckers aint getting nothing"
    -- The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, Frank Zappa