Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cocteau's Twins? (was Re: Love-Hounds Digest)

From: Itchy Halves Match Meaty Tickle <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 90 09:48:45 -0400
Subject: Cocteau's Twins? (was Re: Love-Hounds Digest)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: tracyr@sco.COM (Tracy Roberts)
>
>I think the band that sounded like the Cocteau Twins was
>"Beautiful Pea Green Boat".
>
>Jon Escape-from-Noise Drukman can verify.

BPGB have *one* song called "Danielle" that steals the Cocteau's
triplet-feel lots-of-dotted-eighth-and-sixteenth-note acoustic guitar
thang.  Other than that, they sound much more like, oh, Propaganda or
maybe Eurythmics.  With a little David Sylvian tossed in for good
measure (at least lyrically anyway).  And do I detect a little Kate
influence in there as well?  Hmmm...

On a totally unrelated note (except that we have a little Kate
influence too) - my brand new in-yo-face band SMEGABUCKS makes its
live debut at Green Street Station on Sept. 2 - 8 PM.  Be there or
don't.

(the name SMEGABUCKS was thought up by |>oug, so yell at him if you
don't like it.)

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |