Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Box (Botch?) Set

From: dave@mars.njit.edu (Dave Michaels cccc)
Date: 10 Aug 90 17:53:49 GMT
Subject: Re: The Box (Botch?) Set
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@njitgw.njit.edu

I've missed reading this for awhile, and just barely caught wind of
this box set talk going on.  I have heard something about a 'box set'
wanted in Homeground magazine for a few years, and never really knew
what it was, but since I only have a CD player, I knew it wasn't for
me.  I was very sad that all those nifty b-sides (and that kool remix
of the big sky, etc) were unavailable.  I thought it would be a good
idea for EMI to release a full length CD with all her singles on it.
Is this what theyre doing now?  Am i correct in understanding that
this is exactly what theyre doing, but theyre only selling it in a
package that also includes every other CD she has?  How much is this
thing going to cost!?!  And what are the chances of getting just the
B-sides CD seperately?  Is the quality of the regular (album) CD's in
this new set going to be any better than the original imports (which I
already have)
  Thanx!
-dave. (exited by the chance to finally hear for the first time all of
Kate's other stuff, but frustrated that I may have to pay hundreds of
dollars to buy all her other CD's, Again.)

--
-Dave Michaels, vigilent student of the New Jersey Institute of Tecnology
INTERNET: dave@mars.njit.edu  "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who