Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: comments on Box Set

From: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 90 03:25:57 GMT
Subject: Re: comments on Box Set
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I think the problem is that EMI can only offer recordings that they
own the Sound Recording (SR or P-in-the-circle) Copyright to, or
that are licensed to them.  Certainly the Cathy Demos don't fall
into that category, having never been published, and most of the
other recordings mentioned probably belong to folks other than EMI.

I'm still just creaming my jeans over the B-sides on CD (now I don't
have to pay an exorbitant amount for crappy 45's - I can pay an
exorbitant amount for CD's).

					larry...