Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Homeground_ #39 is finally out!

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 90 15:56:26 PDT
Subject: _Homeground_ #39 is finally out!

I just got issue #39 of _Homeground_ in today's mail.  It's so late,
and the preparations for the Kate Bush Convention will be so consuming,
that the editors have decided that there will be no Fall issue this year.
That is, issue #40 will be the Christmas issue.

There's not much news that hasn't been reported in love-hounds already.
They say that the track listing for the B-sides/rareties CDs that
will form part of the boxed set is expected to be as follows:  "The
Empty Bullring", "Ran Tan Waltz", "Passing Through Air", "December Will
Be Magic Again", "Warm And Soothing", "Lord of the Reedy River", "Ne
T'en Fui Pas", "Un Baiser D'enfant", "Under The Ivy", "Burning Bridge",
"My Lagan Love", "The Handsome Cabin Boy", "Not This Time", "Walk Straight
Down the Middle", "Be Kind to my Mistakes", "I'm Still Waiting", "Ken",
"The Confrontation", "One Last Look Around the House", "Them Heavy People"
(live), "Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake" (live), "James and the
Cold Gun" (live), "L'amour Looks Something Like You" (live), "Running Up
That Hill" (12" mix), "Cloudbusting" (the Organon mix), "Alternative
Hounds of Love", "The Big Sky" (Meteorological Mix), "Experiment IV"
(12" mix), "The Man with the Child In His Eyes" (single mix), "Wuthering
Heights" (new vocal), "Experiment IV", "Dreamtime", "Running Up That Hill"
(instrumental mix), and "The Sensual World" (instrumental mix).

Here's some US news I never saw posted:

     "The 'International Rock Awards' were broadcast across the country
on 6th June.  Kate was nominated in the 'best rock pianist' category with
the likes of Elton John and Billy Joel.  A short snatch of the video for
"This Woman's Work" was shown, but alas Kate did not win; the honours
went to Mr. Joel."

They mention a US compilation called _The Monsters of British Rock_, which
includes "The Wedding List", but they know nothing else about it.  Does
anybody have this?

Here's another US item I never saw in love-hounds:

     "The University of Minnesota St. Paul student centre were running in
April/May a ten week series of video shows under the title _Progressive
Rock on Video_.  The show devoted to Kate (entitled _Kate Bush: An
In-depth Study_) was on 10/4 [that's April 10 for Americans not used
to British dates] with free admission running from 7.00 pm until after
10.00.  On the the programme were all the promotional videos from 1978
to 1986, the _Live at Hammersmith_ tape, the 1979 _Kate Bush in Concert_
German TV special, the UK BBC special from December 1989 and various
TV performances mainly 1980-1986."

     "Kate actually went to France in May and appeared on a number of TV
programs as follows:  _La 5_ -- the evening news, for a dubbed interview;
_Top 50_ -- the pop chart show, for a subtitled interview and a clip from
the "This Woman's Work" video; _Giga_ -- a show for teenagers, with a
career digest including video clips; and finally _Champs Elysess_ -- the
most famous TV show in France on 15/5 when she performed "This Woman's
Work".

There is some dispute as to whether the album charted in Italy, because
there is no official chart with any degree of reliability.  _Billboard_
magazine said that it did, but some Italian readers differ.

I guess that's pretty much it.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov