Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Music reviewers wanted for alternative music magazine

From: hansen@cs.wmich.edu ( Jeff Hansen)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 90 15:57:45 GMT
Subject: Music reviewers wanted for alternative music magazine
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

X Magazine, a Detroit-area humor and music magazine is currently looking
for more people to review new alternative albums/EPs.  In our first three
issues, our "regulars" reviewed Gary Clail, ABC, Ultra Vivid Scene, Bill
Pritchard, Frazier Chorus, Meat Beat Manifesto, Kate Bush, 808 State,
Propaganda, Del Amitri, Everything But The Girl, and so on - this of course
indicating what I mean by "alternative."  Our circulation holds steady at
5000 (distributed free in music venues/stores/clubs, and other "alternative"
outlets); currently the only renumeration we offer is a bunch o' free
copies of the magazine, but this will change to $$$ in the near future.
We'd especially like to see some people from the UK reviewing the latest
releases, thus allowing us to pummel the competing paper into the ground.
If you would like to submit a review/reviews, please contact me at the
Internet address located at the bottom of this message.  If you'd rather
see the magazine before sending anything in, just send two stamps to the
address below...and thank you!

jeffhansen|||hansen@cs.wmich.edu|||X Magazine
                                   P.O. Box 1077
                                   Royal Oak, MI  48068