Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (We let the weirdness in...)
Date: 3 Aug 90 21:47:48 GMT
Subject: Re: (none)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Subject: Re: Witches, Madonnas, and Goddesses

> Madonna = bitch;
>
> Kate = love goddes.

ok, i know this was meant in some playfulness and most of the
conversation on this Madonna vs. Kate thing has been interesting but
nothing that i feel very passionate about.

HOWEVER, when you go about saying something like that, i take offense.
why? because what you imply is:

	Kate	Good

     Madonna	Bad

which is not right. you're entitled to your own opinions, but there is no
BAD musik in this world. it's all relative to tastes. when you start
forcing your tastes on others, it means you're not opening your mind to
hear other people's opinions and thus the conversation has been effectively
rendered completely useless.

--
"Yellow... black and rectangular... with wedged shapes inside... Oh, I see
them everywhere... Am I losing my mind?"