Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Madonna vs. Kate from .misc

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 90 19:48:19 PDT
Subject: More Madonna vs. Kate from .misc

Article 50026 of rec.music.misc:
From: ajoel@sim.uucp (ANTIPUESTO JOEL CESORA)
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
Subject: Madonna on HBO
Date: 2 Aug 90 16:39:56 GMT
Sender: news@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU

Could someone post or e-mail me when the Blonde Ambition concert will
be aired on HBO. Thanks in advance.

And as far as comparing Madonna and Kate Bush, I think that it's like
comparing apples and oranges. I enjoy both for different reasons.
Madonna makes good Top40 pop songs (IMO), regardless of how one
interprets her ideals or image. Kate Bush also writes good songs (again,
IMO), but a different kind of song involving a different musical and
lyrical content and vernacular. I'm not going to argue which is more
"worthy" of attention. I think they are just two artists who express
themselves differently (song reference not intended).

-Joel
janti@athena.arc.nasa.gov

"Mmm, yes..."

Article 50043 of rec.music.misc: