Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Warning! Severe problems with .gaffa!

From: Tidal Nose Job <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 90 13:48:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Warning! Severe problems with .gaffa!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
>
>> Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>>
>> God knows if this will get through (it's the second try),
>> but there are SEVERE problems with .gaffa.  Net readers should
>> know that over the past week there have been at least THIRTY
>> articles that got into the Love-Hounds mailing list, but for
>> some reason never got posted onto rec.music.gaffa.  This includes
>> everything IED has posted lately, most of Chris'n'Vickie's postings,
>> and many of mine.

I've seen plenty of IED verbiage on the newsgroup and a c'n'v katemas
map just a few messages ago...

>> Who is the current moderator of this newsgroup, anyway?
>> He should fix this bug!!!!!

It's still |>oug.  I'll talk to him about it this week.

>Just as I suspected!  I knew there must be some reason Andy's latest
>ponderings on my blasphemies didn't get here.  Gosh, thirty articles?
>I wonder if this has anything to do with the odd posting address that
>showed up on rec.announce.newusers recently, gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu.

Probably not.  I think that works.  Try love-hounds@gaffa.mit.edu if
you are in doubt.

>It is curious that noone has stepped forward to take credit as our new
>moderator.  Are we running on auto or something?

We are indeed running on auto.  |>oug is still nominally the 'humble
pseudo-moderator' but he's a busy chap.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | -Fight The Power- | and you need everything we make.       |