Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Don't knock it till spin 500...

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 90 13:48:50 CDT
Subject: Don't knock it till spin 500...

> 	Just to throw some more wood on the fire, I had heard KT on
> 	the radio through until HoL, when I decided to actually buy
> 	one of her albums.
>
> 	I adore side one of HoL, and quite like side two.  I like TSW.
> 	But I can't stand The Dreaming.
>
> 	Now how does that fit the current hypothesis?

Simple.  It has nothing to do with the hypothesis.  You just haven't
listened to it enough to have been revelated yet.
Although most will agree that TD is KT's best, they will probably also agree
that it is the one that requires the most patience.  It wasn't until after
many, many listenings that I decided TD was great.  My first impression
(for many months) was exactly yours: yucko.
If you can appreciate TD, I have found, there's a whole gamut of other
music out there (much of it mentioned in LH) that you are ready to
explore.  It really does open your mind and let the weirdness in.
Honest.  Really and truly.

-ivebeenstungandilikeitmjm