Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CD box set

From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (Akbar & Jeff's SUPPORT GROUP for the vaguely dissatisfied)
Date: 28 Jul 90 01:50:27 GMT
Subject: Re: CD box set
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Michael Portuesi (portuesi@sgi.com) sez:

>It's a great marketing strategy from their point of view.  Only the
>Kate Bush fanatics like us will be really interested in the b-sides
>and rarities, and they know we will pay most anything to get them,
>even if we have to buy another copy of all Kate's albums to do so.
>The elasticity of demand (if I may borrow an economic term) is so high
>that they'll still sell well, even with the added burden of the other
>albums.  And those other albums make money for the record company.

or they could be completely stupid like what Elektra did with the
Cure's boxed set of singles that were already previously available
and the only extra thing you paid for was a keen box and a rather boring
poster. not to mention that if you bought all those singles separately,
it would cost LESS than the !@#$^!1! boxed set.

there are gud boxed sets and then there are crummy ones. i just hope
they aren't trying to make a fast buck because i only have two Kate
albums on CD and if it's really worth waiting for the box, i'll do it.

--d "not meaning to inject any pessimism"

--
"Yellow... black and rectangular... with wedged shapes inside... Oh, I see
them everywhere... Am I losing my mind?"