Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas In Chicago (reminder, map & such)

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 90 02:45:05 -0400
Subject: Katemas In Chicago (reminder, map & such)

   What?    Katemas For Katefans!
   When?    Saturday July 28 2:00pm till...? (the phone call party)
            Sunday   July 29 2:00pm till...? (the main party)
   Where?   KateCentral, 1627 W. Farwell (Rogers Park area of Chicago, Ill.)
            Northeast Chicago, just south of Evanston.
   Who?     Chris'n'Vickie, Jorn Barger, Mike Mendelson, Cindy Schaefer,
            Michael Kaufman, various non-Netters & maybe YOU too?
   Why?     Because we love her!!
#
#                                                                         ^
Rogers Park         /\                     ^ To Evanston                  .
Metra stop        North                    |                  Heartland   .
# X       |                     |          |                     Cafe     .
#         |        Lunt         |          |                              .
#         |                     |          |                              . J
# C       |                     |          |                              . a
#         |                     |          |                              . c
# &       |                     |          |            "Morse 'L' stop"  x k
#  -----------------------------------------------------------------------. s
# N       |     Morse           |          |N.    To Sheridan & lake -->  . o
# W       |C                    |a         |A                             . n
# /       |l                    |l         |s                             .
# N       |a                    |l         |h                             . P
# o       |r                    |e         |l                             . a
# r       |k                    |y         |a                       East  . r
# t       |                     |          |n                             . k
# h       |  W. Farwell  -->    |          |d  one way street -->         . /
#  -----------------------------------------------------------------------. H
# l       |            |*1627*| |          |                              . o
# i       |            | CnV  | |          |                              . w
# n       |            |------| |          |                              . a
# e       |---------------------|          |                              . r
#         |     alley           |          |                              . d
#         |                     |          |                              .
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------. E
#         |     Pratt               |A                                    . l
#         |                         |s                                    .
#         |                         |h                                    . l
#      To Loop                      |land                                 . i
         \/                         \/                                    . n
                         South                                            . e

Tidbits:
         Please call to RSVP if at all possible (312) 274-1921

  There are a couple of streets between Ashland and the "L" that I keep
forgetting the names of. Farwell is a one way street going east, so if
you're driving you'll have to turn from Clark. Parking in this area is
a right royal bitch so you might have to drive around awhile. WARNING:
You WILL get a ticket if you park in either alley. It seems to be a major
source of city revenue! Avoid the temptation.
  Our building is blond brick with a courtyard and a brown iron fence around
it. The building is unmarked so I'll try to have a sign on the gate.
The gate is locked so you'll have to call up via the security phone.
We're both listed seperately (Mapes, Williams)--dial *24 and our telephone
will ring. We'll come down and let you in. If you come after dark you should
have a flashlight or lighter with you to read the phone instructions.
  The main party will be on Sunday, but I added Saturday just because...
For one thing, IED's party and the Seattleish folks' party will be on
Saturday so we'll be giving them a call. We have 3 phones and Chris can
probably rig up some kind of speakerphone something or other.
  I might record all or at least part of Suspended In Gaffa during the
party on Sunday. This is your chance to be part of a radio show!
  When I said "a larger-than-life Kate", I wasn't kidding, we have a 10 foot
screen in our living room! The apartment will be darkened because we have to
block all the light coming in the windows. Be prepared for darkness in the
middle of the day (it disorients some people!) but there will be enough light
to read by if you want to flip through Break-Throughs or the KT bios.
  Bring munchies & drinks. This is a "make yourself at home/serve yourself"
household. In other words, we're broke & lazy :-)
  We have 2 white cats (Harvo and The Other One) and they're disgustingly
friendly so be prepared for "cats-sat-in-your-lap".
  We're really looking forward to this. All these years we've been into Kate,
and this will be the first time we've celebrated Katemas (except for my
radio specials the last two years).

Please come.

Vickie'n'Chris
katefans@world.std.com