Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suspended In Gaffa 120 (1st from Chicago!)

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 90 02:49:56 -0400
Subject: Suspended In Gaffa 120 (1st from Chicago!)

Vickie here. Welladay! My first show from Chicago has been taped, put
"in the can", sent down to Kansas City and has aired with no problems.
I guess you could say that I'm officially "syndicated" now :-) and all's
well. Sue (who took over my show while we were moving and will be normally
be doing the second hour live) wanted to go see The Tom Tom Club & Debbie
Harry so I taped a two-hour show. It was an all-4AD show in honor of the
new Dead Can Dance album. There were things I didn't play because I only
have them on album (Colourbox w/ Lorita Grahme and TMC's Filligree And
Shadow, for instance) and we haven't unpacked our albums yet (we don't have
anywhere to put them). I had to stick to CDs for this show.
My "studio" that Chris built in a closet is wonderful and I taped the show
directly onto reel-to-reel. We'll be getting a mixer board in the future
when our finances are in better shape, but for now I have to play a song all
the way to the end, instead of fading from one to another. I am able to talk
with the music still going in the background which is nice because I can
play my opening theme music, then fade it down and have it still on while
I'm welcoming people to the show. While the show aired, three listeners
called me in Chicago to tell me that they were listening and that the sound
quality was excellent. Gee, I'm 600 miles away and still getting calls--it's
just great!!

                   Suspended In Gaffa 120
                        Chicago 1
                       4AD Special
                    Playlist for 7-21-90

* Artist *          * Album *                   * Song *

Dead Can Dance      Aion                        The Arrival And The Reunion
 "    "    "         "                          The Song Of The Sibyl
 "    "    "        Spleen And Ideal            De Profundis
The Cocteau Twins   Tiny Dynamite EP            Sultitan Itan
 "    "      "      Echoes In A Shallow Bay EP  Great Spangled Fritillary
 "    "      "        "    "  "   "      "  "   Eggs And Their Shells
Throwing Muses      Throwing Muses              Stand Up
 "        "            "       "                Soul Soldier
 "        "            "       "                Delicate Cutters
 "        "            "       "                America
Moon & Melodies     The Moon & The Melodies     Eyes Are Mosiacs
 "   "   "           "   "   "  "    "          Ooze Out And Away Onehow
 "   "   "           "   "   "  "    "          Sea, Swallow Me
Dead Can Dance      Aion                        As The Bell Rings...
 "    "   "          "                          Wilderness
 "    "   "          "                          The Promised Womb
 "    "   "          "                          The Garden Of Zephirus
 "    "   "          "                          Radharc
This Mortal Coil    It'll End In Tears          Song To The Siren
 "    "      "       "     "  "   "             Another Day
 "    "      "       "     "  "   "             Waves Become Wings
 "    "      "       "     "  "   "             Barramundi
 "    "      "       "     "  "   "             Dreams Made Flesh
The Cocteau Twins   Lonely Is An Eyesore        Crushed
 "    "      "      Victorialand                Fluffy Tufts
 "    "      "           "                      Oomingmak
Dead Can Dance      Dead Can Dance              Ocean
 "    "    "        The Serpent's Egg           Song Of Sophia

This is so very weird:
Living in Chicago
Having a radio show in Kansas City
Accessing Usenet via Boston

God, I love technology!

=  Vickie (one of Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)     katefans@world.std.com   =
=           "Suspended in Gaffa" KKFI 90.1fm Kansas City, MO              =
=                    Saturdays 10:00pm-11:00pm                            =
=       Kansas City's Alternative alternative to boyz with guitarz        =