Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Disappointed with _TSW_ ?

From: donley@milton.u.washington.edu (Erik D. Olson)
Date: 22 Jul 90 16:57:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Disappointed with _TSW_ ?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: donley@milton.u.washington.edu

>Really-From: mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@gatech.edu (Larry DeLuca)
>
>One of the really nice things for me about _The Sensual World_ is
>that so much of it is about Kate Bush the songwriter and less
>about Kate Bush the producer.  Her unmistakable touches are
>  [stuff about singability on _TSW_ and not on _TD_ deleted.]

Interesting.  One of my biggest memories when my sister, who had been
the first in my family to get turned on to Kate (from hearing Wuthering
Heights -- the Pat Benetar version! :) ), showed up with a cassette of
_The Dreaming_ one afternoon.  Her opinion was "hated it!  Where's her
singing gone?  Too many effects on her voice."  (She owned the first
3 albums, btw, and loved them.)  I on the other hand, started listening
to TD every day on my walkman just because there was so much to LISTEN
to.  I didn't even understand what half the lyrics were saying until
I got my quite worn out dup cassette replaced with a CD a couple years
back.  I think you are right... TSW is sort of a return to straight
songwriting for the most part.  I think I'll send my sister a copy.

   - Erik

>One of the really nice things for me about _The Sensual World_ is
>that so much of it is about Kate Bush the songwriter and less
>about Kate Bush the producer.  Her unmistakable touches are
   [stuff about singability of _TD_ and _TSW_ deleted.]