Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Disappointed with _TSW_?

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo%hydra.unm.edu@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 90 17:41:43 MDT
Subject: Re: Disappointed with _TSW_?

James Smith writes:

> Suppose we divide fans into those who discovered Kate at 'The Dreaming/
> Hounds of Love' stage, and those who discovered her at the beginning.
> Would it be correct to say that the former are the ones who are 'a little
> disappointed with _TSW_'?  No evidence, no flames, just a thought... :-)

Nice thought, though I don't understand its mechanism.  I discovered
Kate as a direct result of |>oug's raving about HOUNDS OF LOVE, but I
found TSW to be a remarkably queefy and uninspired little album.  Where
HoL was a solid pleasure and full of wonderful moments, I think TSW is
much less coherent and with pleasant interludes few and far between.
(The best track, IMHO, was "This Woman's Work", which wasn't even new.)

As I said, I'm not sure what the theory MEANS, because I *also* enjoy
all her previous albums.  TSW is by my way of thinking the weakest of
the lot (and I mean to imply as much weakness as possible).

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@hydra.unm.edu)
Human -------- Not Human  Employment - No Employment  Sex ------------- No Sex
Freedom	----- No Freedom  Choice --------- No Choice  TV --------------- No TV
Change ------- No Change  Memory --------- No Memory  Future ------- No Future
R       E       V        O        L        U        T        I       O       N