Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lone Star Lionhearts -- new fan club

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 90 11:43:51 PDT
Subject: Lone Star Lionhearts -- new fan club

Well, I sent in a SASE to get information about that new fan club.
(I posted the classified ad that appeared in _Goldmine_ a few weeks ago.)
I just got an answer.  Here is the  form letter I got, in full, for others
who might be interested:

				      LONE STAR LIONHEARTS
				      c/o Sunset Sam Productions
				      P.O. Box 13414
				      Capitol Station
				      Austin, Texas 78711

Dear Kateophiles, Here, There & Everywhere --

Greetings!  Please forgive this form letter, but the response to my
announcement has been too great to permit an individual response to
everyone.  This is just to let you know that your letter has been
received, and tha we *will* be letting you know when _LONE STAR
LIONHEARTS -- The Journal Of Kate Bush Kommentary_ will be accepting
subscriptions.  Rates will probably be in the $16 for four issues
range, and I anticipate the first issue to be published this fall.
(These things take time to organize, and little matters such as the
need for Ye Editor to hold down his demanding day job keep getting in
the way.)  You can help the big moment arrive and ensure the viability
of _LSL_ by submitting your articles, artwork, Kate photos, news
clippings, and want ads.  Please direct all mail to the address above,
with an SASE if you need a reply.  _LSL_ will be an experiment to see
if North America can support a quality publication for Kate Bush fans
and students, and will only be as good as its contributors make it.
I'd like to see it become both informative and entertaining; substantial
and mature, yet with a sense of humor.  In short, very much like Kate's
work itself.  Are these goals mutually contradictory?  We'll see.

Until later --
     it's in the works. . . it's coming!

[signed] Kevin Hendryx

Ed