Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Vickie's playlist 118 (last live show-6 hour marathon)

Date: Mon, 25 Jun 90 17:09:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Vickie's playlist 118 (last live show-6 hour marathon)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Vickie here. Well, this was my last live show. Exactly 100 shows ago I
>went live (my first 17 shows were taped) and I was so scared that I
>almost quit. Now, I'm so used to being live that I'm going to miss it
>terribly. Even with all the mistakes, gaffes, inarticulateness, silliness
>and weirdness of live radio, there's something about it that's more intimate
>and warm, and I could get immediate feedback from listeners.
>Things will never be the same.
>=                    Saturdays 10:00pm-12:00am                            =
>=       Kansas City's Alternative alternative to boyz with guitarz        =
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

	Hi, I know you probably saw that volkswhale article obnoxiously
posted on this board? Well, the music you play on your show is quite
a bit like the stuff we do and listen to (not really, but there is
variety!).  My girlfriend used to do a radio show and it WAS one
of the best things she ever did (she says).  She really misses it
So, id like to send you our bands record (7" e.p. 9 songs volkswhale)
if you think you could use it...some is very strange, but i
I think you could find use for it and id love for it to be played
on the show...(no-one will play it here!!!  They only play chilli pepers
scum and smitherins...borrring)..yeah, i wuz listening to dead can dance
a while ago, first song side b of the album with the indian mask on
it...
kick but song...well, id better go...please reply over the net or write
or call me (net is cheaper) ... thanks for listening...

necco ulmwafer...

p.s. we are like the residents a little but slower and maybee stanger?

thanks you, whoever you are