Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas Party details and map; + misK.

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 90 16:17 PDT
Subject: Katemas Party details and map; + misK.

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

   KTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTK
   TKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK                     A N N O U N C I N G                       KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK                              A                                KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK                      P   A   R   T   Y                        KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK             "It is this that brings us together!"             KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK                     You are invited to a                      KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK     K A T E M A S   E V E ' S   E V E   B U S H   B A S H     KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK            in celebration of Kate's 32nd birthday             KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK    Featuring hours of videos, including every official KT     KTKT
   KTKT  video on laser-disk plus many rare video clips old and new!  TKTK
   TKTK                         Refreshments!                         KTKT
   KTKT                Even a token doorprize or two!!                TKTK
   TKTK                                                               KTKT
   KTKT                   To be held at IED's place                   TKTK
   TKTK                 (that's Andy Marvick's house)                 KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK                     10499 Wilkins Avenue                      KTKT
   KTKT                     Los Angeles, CA 90024                     TKTK
   TKTK                                                               KTKT
   KTKT                    Saturday, July 28, 1990                    TKTK
   TKTK                   Beginning at about 2 p.m.                   KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK                    R S V P  (213) 474-1364                    KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK  NOTE THE DATE WELL--THE PARTY IS *TWO* DAYS BEFORE KATEMAS!  KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK    (P.S.: There's also been talk of Disneyland on Sunday.)    KTKT
   KTKT                                                               TKTK
   TKTK                                                               KTKT
   KTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTK
   TKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKT

                        Here's a map to IED's house:

Westwood Village                  UCLA                        The Valley
       /\                          /\                             /\
To  /__||______Wilshire Blvd.______||________Wilshire Blvd._______||__\Beverly
405 \--||---------------||---------||-----------------------------||--/ Hills
Fwy   W||               || T       || W                   N       ||B
      e||               || h       || a                   |       ||e
      s||               || a       || r              W<---|--->E  ||v
      t||               || y      / / n                   |       ||e
      w||               || e     / / e                    S       ||r
      o||_______________|| r   / /  r            _________________||l
      o||-----Ohio------||___/ /                 | ----Woodruff---||y
      d||               |----/                   ||               ||
       ||  My house is >|| \  |  /               ||               ||G
      B|| on a 3-street>|| -10499 Wilkins       / /               ||l
      l|| corner (Wil- >|| /  |  \ ___________/ /                 ||e
      v|| kins, Warner >||------Wilkins-------/                   ||n
      d||  and Thayer)  ||                                        ||
       ||               ||                                        ||B
       ||               ||----------Kinnard-----------------------||l
       ||               ||                                        ||v
       ||               ||----------Holman------------------------||d
       ||               ||                                        ||
       ||               ||----------Eastbourne--------------------||
       ||               ||                                        ||
To  /__||_______________||__Santa Monica Blvd.____________________||__\Beverly
405 \--  ---------------------------------------------------------  --/ Hills
       ||                                                         ||
       \/                                                         \/
    To 10 Fwy

                           SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!

--------PLEASE PRINT OUT THE ABOVE AND TEAR HERE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE----------

   Now, on to the mailbag:

 >Now...if I could just see a film that has some KATE music in it, I'll be
 >all set.  Hmmmm.....guess I'll have to rent _She's Having A Baby_ soon.  :)
 >                                       All the best.
 >
 >-- Deb Wentorf

   Relax, Deb, it's not really a bad movie. But if you can't take John
Hughes, why not try Roeg's _Castaway_? It's got _Be_Kind_to_My_Mistakes_,
and it's on video in the U.S. now. And then there's _The_Chocolate_War_,
which makes pretty effective use of _Running_Up_That_Hill_. And if you
can ever find a decent copy of _The_Magician_of_Lublin_ (starring Alan
Arkin shouting unpleasantly over Kate's beautiful vocal of the Maurice
Jarre theme-song), let IED know, will you?

 > I assume the reason for the late Russell Harty to be wearing the...

   Jeremy: the Grace Jones incident was indeed the reason for the
gloves-and-helmet joke on Kate's show. Btw, can you explain how and when
Harty died? Just curious.

-- Andrew Marvick
   P.S.: See everyone at the party on Saturday, July 28th!