Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Background voices on Kate track

From: Stephen Thomas <spt1@ukc.ac.uk>
Date: 23 Jun 90 16:01:14 GMT
Subject: Background voices on Kate track
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

I was listening to _Watching You Without Me_ and something odd caught
my attention.  At the beginning of the track, just after the undulating
vocal, there seems to be some faint voices, as of people talking and
moving around in a large room.  The noises start with someone (a male
voice, I think) saying "what's that?", and then they go one for another
few seconds.

Does anyone know what these noises are?  They seem (to me) to be a little
out of place, so I thought they might be studio noise, but I think this
highly unlikely, given Kate's reputation for being a perfectionist, so
I think they must be deliberate.  I am just curious.

Stephen
--
| "Voice in your head ...       | Stephen Thomas -----------------------------|
| You liked what it said        | Email: spt1@ukc.ac.uk; Smail: Computing Lab,|