Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the _BACKSIDES_ boot

From: think!ames!claris!portal!cup.portal.com!L-H@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 4-Jun-90 23:11:28 PDT
Subject: Re: the _BACKSIDES_ boot

To: Love-Hounds
Fr: Larry Hernandez (l-h@cup.portal.com)
Re: The _BACKSIDES_ boot
Dt: 5 June 90
_______________________________________

Hi again,

A short request this time.  Will the guy (I think in England) who
posted last week about glomming onto a copy of the new _Backsides_
Kate bootleg for a tenner, and trying to shave to _Ran Tan Waltz_,
PLEASE post again, and give us all more information about your lucky
find!!  I posted as to the existance of this boot about a month or so
ago, but this was only reporting what was _told_ to me by my boot
source.  My source has subsequently told me that he has heard from _his_
source that the originator of this boot was busted recently, along with
"most" of his stock!  If this is indeed true, you have a valuable little
record in your hands, my friend.  I tend t  agree with my source that
most likely, this boot will not be repressed, since it contains songs
that are available commercially (for a price!), not anything that can't
be had otherwise.  I for one, being a serious colleKTor, am extremly
curious as to the sound quality, packaging, etc., of this record.  What
pictures or artwork are on the sleeve?  What is the "label" of this
boot?  Matrix number?  Any unusual design(s) on the record itself?  Any
writing in the run-out groove area?  Uh, was there another one available
that I can buy from you? :-) (I'm actually serious-please email me if so!)

Also, would you please give us a rundown of the songs on each side, in
order of appearance!!  Thanks very, very much.  Oh yeah, in case I
forgot to ask, how's the sound quality???!!

Thanks again.  SHE REALLY IS!!

Larry