Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: To the readers of "Vickie's playlist"

From: "Ken Brownfield." <brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 90 17:56:05 -0500
Subject: Re: To the readers of "Vickie's playlist"

     I also hope things work out for you.  Your playlists always keep me
awake to the fact that there is a lot more good music out there than it seems.
Whenever someone sees my Kate collection (1/5th of my albums) they usually
say "You like Kate Bush?  Who's she?"  Well, that makes it that much better.
Most people in the world only listen to what they hear about: top 40.  It's
really their loss.  The quality of music seems to be inversely proportional
to it's popularity.  It's not true all of the time (Sinead O'Connor to name
one,) but all too often.
     I agree that radio is dominated by men.  Obviously, it doesn't say
anything bad about that music, but women are also there.  I'm glad you are
running your show.  I enjoyed the playlists, and I'm sure your listeners
enjoyed it, too.  "Boyz with guitarz" sucks.  Period.  I've listened to
too much 120 minutes and college radio to know otherwise.  In a few years,
maybe.  _Maybe_.
     I'd also like to thank you for your personal contributions to gaffa.
I think everyone here gives a bit more with each note than any other list
or notesfile.  I've had a great experience and a lot of fun here.
     I hope you find a new home for "Suspended in Gaffa".  If you don't,
drop in down here in Champaign/Urbana.  There are a couple of stations
that might like "Suspended in Gaffa".  It would definately be the best
thing to hit a station here.  And I wanna hear your show!!!  :-)
     Will you lose access to gaffa when you move?  :-(
     Good luck, and thanks.
						Ken Brownfield.