Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: To the readers of "Vickie's playlists"

From: Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 90 11:12:38 -0500
Subject: Re: To the readers of "Vickie's playlists"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Vickie:

In article <9005300543.AA28426@world.std.com> you write:

>Lots of people said they didn't understand why I posted my playlists when
>no one could hear the show. "Recognition Factor" is the answer.
>1) If you saw artists and songs on the lists that you recognized and liked,
>   you would be more likely to trust my taste in the things you'd never
>   heard or heard of.
>2) If you saw a name on my list, you might get a spark of recognition if
>   you saw the name elsewhere.

>Thanks to those who have taken the time to read my playlists. Thanks to
>those who have actually gone out and bought things on my recommendation.
>Hope you liked them.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.

I'm gonna miss the weekly postings of the play lists.  To say nothing of
your insightful comments into KaTe and the meanings of her songs!

I also have you and "Suspended in Gaffa" to thank for Jane Siberry.
I kept hearing her name on .gaffa, but had never heard Jane.  Then I saw
a video from BbtB on VH1 and thought "Oh.  Interesting."  Then I read
one of your playslists on which you'd played something from "No Borders
Here."  A few days later, I was in a record store exchanging some CDs I'd
gotten for my birthday.  Since I wasn't paying for the discs I wanted something
I might not ordinarily buy without hearing first.  I went to the Jane section
and found 3 or 4 albums.  I recognized the name "No Borders Here" and
on your 'suggestion', I picked that one.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

Hope things work out in Chicago for you and Chris.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |