Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Young Ones

From: watmath!dciem!sce!cognos!jebossom@uunet.UU.NET (John E. Bossom)
Date: Fri, 25 May 1990 13:37:56 -0400
Subject: Re: The Young Ones
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <16843.9005211148@xenon.cs.kcl.ac.uk> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Paul Rhodes <kcl-cs!rhodes@relay.EU.net>

>>There was an episode in which one of our heros (Vyvyan?) is attacking
>>the landlord, and one of the others (Neal?) asking why he is *funny word*ing
>>the landlord, and Vyvyan says "I'm not, I'm *funny word*ing Kate Bush;  I'm
>>just using [the landlord] as a condom.  Or something like that.  Anyway, I
>
>Not from the series, this was in the Comic Relief ViDeo (can't remember
>if it was in the TV version of the show) - a charity cabaret show
>which also featured Kate singing 'Breathing'.
>
>Paul Rhodes.

I saw Comic Relief when originally televised in England in 1986.
Vivian was back stage and Rick was on stage asking Vivian, who I believe
as beating up Neal, what they were doing on Kate Bush, and Vivian replied
that he was using Neal as a condom.

--
John E. Bossom           Cognos Incorporated     S-mail: P.O. Box 9707
Voice: (613) 738-1338 x6113               O_o            3755 Riverside Drive