Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Leave It Open" and "Twin Peaks"...

From: You Crank Ma <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 26 May 90 10:35:33 -0400
Subject: Re: "Leave It Open" and "Twin Peaks"...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: ganzer@cod.nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)

Mark!!!  It's been a long time... Glad to see you back!

>Interestingly, I read that the "Dream" sequence in Twin Peaks was recorded
>the same way as the end of "Leave It Open": The actors recorded their lines
>backward, then audio was played back backwards. They must have had to lip
>synch during the actual filming...

This is true, but they didn't lip synch.  They just played
*everything* backwards, audio and video.  You can see this clearly
when Laura tosses her hair and it looks rather strange...

>Yo Drukman! As for the sound quality of TSW, I can't really tell... my ears
>got blown out long ago ... Maybe Kate's ears are doing the same...

I can tell.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | and you need everything we make.       |