Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Leave It Open" and "Twin Peaks"...

From: ganzer@cod.nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Fri, 25 May 90 23:00:17 PDT
Subject: "Leave It Open" and "Twin Peaks"...

-------

Vickie writes:
>.... At this time, she was in the middle of
>recording The Dreaming, and she says something like "I know the music so
>well, I know it forwards, I know it _backwards_ sometimes". A cool little
>reference to the end of "Leave It Open" eh?

(goes on to write about a nine hour Twin Peaks marathon...)

Interestingly, I read that the "Dream" sequence in Twin Peaks was recorded
the same way as the end of "Leave It Open": The actors recorded their lines
backward, then audio was played back backwards. They must have had to lip
synch during the actual filming...

All this talk about the "Delius" video made me drag out my copy. Damn good
video! It's always interesting to note how well Kate picked up the
"tah..ta..TAH" sequence from Ken Russell's film and wroked it into the
song...

Yo Drukman! As for the sound quality of TSW, I can't really tell... my ears
got blown out long ago ... Maybe Kate's ears are doing the same...

MarK T. Ganzer                           Naval Ocean Systems Center
Internet: ganzer@trout.nosc.mil          San Diego, CA
UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!sdcsvax!nosc!ganzer

-------