Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: Boss Tweed <root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 25 May 90 21:19:54 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Stay Awake
Date: 25 May 90 21:19:54 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

Okay, I'm sure this was covered two years ago when the album came out, but
it took me 'til today to get the thing.

"Stay Awake:  Various Interpretationgs of Music from Vintage Disney Films"
is utterly fantastic.

Can anyone tell me more 'bout Bill Friskell and Wayne Horvitz? (amongst
others that have impressed me on the album; I know who most of the others
are)

Oh...and a KaTe connection?  Why, Stay Awake contains both "Second Star to
the Right" and "When You Wish Upon a Star!"

(and, as well all know, Dennis likes to look in the mirror...)

Jeff
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  on the verge of indecision..." --Fish |